Please note that the below summary and attached updated arena guidelines which are effective immediately beginning at 4pm this afternoon (Monday Oct 25th) at all City arenas for community ice use.
Please also see attached POV/Screening poster that will also be available at all community entrance points for individuals who do not complete screening in advance, as well as an example of completed screening form via email that must also be provided to security/city staff prior to entry, and the Letter of Instruction from PPH which is still in effect for POV.
Reopening/Exit Step Guidelines-General:
1. Hand sanitization upon entry of the facility is highly recommended.
2. Masks are required in the indoor areas. Some exemptions apply as per the provincial regulations.
3. All individuals entering must provide proof of vaccination (POV) before entering the facility. Individuals must be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) against COVID-19 and provide their proof of vaccination along with approved Identification in order to access all indoor sport and recreation facilities. Limited exemptions are permitted.
4. All individuals entering an arena facility must actively screen to record the name(s) and contact information of every member of the public entering the facility. This includes all participants including coaches, athletes, and spectators from both home and visiting teams, using the following link ( https://www.peterborough.ca/ArenaScreen/
). Confirmation is presented in digital (email/screenshot) or printed paper copy form to security/city staff prior to entry
5. Floor markers, signage and enhanced cleaning measures using disinfectant with a DIN# are implemented to control the risk of transmission.
6. An approved safety plan is required from each user group prior to facility access or rental
Reopening/Exit Step Guidelines- Arenas:
1. Groups are to enter using designated entry points and adhere to all directional signage and staff direction while inside and while exiting the facility.
2. Prior to entry, all individuals including players, coaches/trainers, instructors, officials/ timekeepers, and all spectators must provide POV and completion of screening to on duty security/city staff at
designated entry points of each facility
3. No capacity limit to on ice participants, unless identified (i.e. Public Skating/Programs)
4. Full access allowed during the following hours (Mon-Fri 4pm-11pm or Weekends 7am-11pm), but designated entrances must be utilized
5. Controlled access is still effective for all nonprime hours Mon-Friday 6a-3pm. Access to be provided by city staff 30 mins prior to permitted time at designated point of entry.
6. Changerooms provided with no capacity restrictions. Please note rooms may not be available immediately but will be no later than 30 mins prior to permitted time
7. Changerooms are to be exited by all players/coaches 20 mins following permitted time to permit required cleaning and sanitizing by City staff.
8. Showers will be available to all user groups
9. Off ice training and activities (i.e shooting pucks/balls) are not permitted inside the facility. Warm up activities such as stretching will be permitted but should be minimized within the facility.
10. All permit holders are responsible for ensuring their groups and participants adhere with all governing body sport regulations and policies (e.g., Hockey Canada, Ontario Hockey Federation, Skate
11. All permit holders must ensure that groups of participants and spectators adhere to all Arena Guidelines and Facility Code of Conduct.
Screening Poster / QR Code
Letter of Instruction from PPH
Letter from City of Peterborough