Hello Arena Users,
Thank you all for your patience as we have awaited more detailed information from the Provinces updates on Dec 10, 15th and this afternoon. Please see amendments to O.Reg 364/20 which were just released earlier today, and are likely to see further updates over the weekend to include details from this afternoons announcement.
We ask that all users please recognize the following information will all be subject to further changes as we await further instructions from PPH, but please note the items taking effect tomorrow (Saturday Dec 18th at 12:01am) and POV changes that will take effect into the new year. Please read in full and distribute this information (see also attached updated Guideline document as well)
to all required parties within your organizations, groups and visiting centres:
1) Arena Guideline Changes- Capacities, Physical Distancing/Masking, Entry etc.
Indoor recreation facilities must now reintroduce capacity limits on amenities and also reintroduce physical distancing within the facility. Please note the following changes effective tomorrow:
· On Ice Participants will be limited to 60 per group, including all players, coaches, gameplay officials etc.
· Spectators limited to 4 per participant- up to a maximum of 240 per pad.
· Total Facility Capacity of 300 per pad. HPA/Kinsmen will be posted as 600, PMC 300 for community rentals.
· Physical Distancing and wearing of a proper tight fitted mask as outlined in the regulation, will be required at all times while in common areas in the facility- including dressing rooms. Masks can be removed immediately prior to activity.
· Dressing Room capacities will be reintroduced- all players are advised to come prepared to play to limit numbers accessing rooms. Chairs will be provided for use in common areas such as dressing room hallways. Room capacities must be adhered to, please wait to enter rooms until a seat is available.
Note: Unless additional rooms are available, only 2 rooms per group will continue to be provided to groups. Please ensure all items are secured in an assigned room while participating in the activity. We will review further changes and update once further changes have been determined.
· Facility access will not be limited, but we ask that individuals not arrive at a facility earlier than 30 mins prior to permitted time to support physical distancing and contact with other users, the public and staff.
· Food and Beverage will no longer be permitted for spectators while in the facility, and masks must be worn at all times.
2) Proof of Vaccination- Updates
Please note various changes highlighted below regarding ongoing requirement for POV and updates to acceptable forms of proof in 2022:
Ontario is delaying the lifting of proof of vaccination requirements beyond January 17, 2022.
Effective 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2022, upon entry to the facility, all persons born in 2010 shall be granted a grace period of 12 weeks from their 12th birthday during which they must provide identification at the point of entry, but do not need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is to allow a reasonable opportunity for their series of vaccination to be completed. Please see updated letter of instruction here.
Effective January 4, 2022, requiring the use of the enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code and the Verify Ontario app in settings where POV is required.
The QR code can be used digitally or by printing a paper copy. Anyone needing to download their enhanced certificate with QR code can do so by clicking here.
Strengthening the verification process for medical exemptions and clinical trial exemptions by requiring a certificate with a QR code.
Organizations and businesses that are under the provincial proof-of-vaccination system will be advised to no longer accept physician notes as of January 10, 2022.
We realize these are some significant changes with very little implementation time but appreciate each of your attention to detail in distributing this information to your groups. Groups that may be significantly affected by these increased restrictions are asked to contact us individually to discuss options for your ice allocation commitments for the remainder of 2021 and into 2022. Please send all allocation inquiries directly to Customer service at [email protected]
and any facility specific questions can be directed to myself.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in ensuring the safety of all participants, public and staff at our arena facilities.