PHA HOUSE LEAGUE COACHING INFORMATION
2023-2024 PHA/OMHA Team Official Qualification Requirements:
2024-2024 Coaching Qualification Requirements (Peterborough Hockey Association)
All qualifications listed are the Minimum Requirement
All Team Officials (Coach, Trainer, & Manager) require: Respect in Sport (RIS) Activity Leader: Respect In Sport - Activity Leader
All Team Officials (Coach, Trainer, & Manager) require: Gender Identity & Expression Course: Gender Identity and Expression
All Team Officials (Coach, Trainer, & Manager) must complete Rowan’s Law Resource & Acknowledgement
All qualifications must be registered with the OMHA
All Team Officials (Coach, Trainer, & Manager) require an updated 2022 or Newer Police Record CheckAll Team Officials (Coach, Trainer, & Manager) are required to be Fully Vaccinated (subject to current OMHA & PPHU please check)
2023-2024 PHA/OMHA Team Official Qualification Requirements
PHA House League Head Coach Assistant Coach Trainer
U5, U7, U8, U9 Coach 1 –Intro to Coach Coach 1 –Intro to Coach HTCP Level 1
U11 Coach 2 –Coach Level Trained Coach 2 –Coach Level Trained HTCP Level 1
U13, U15, U18 Coach 2 –Coach Level Trained Coach 2 –Coach Level Trained HTCP Level 1
Coaches in U5, U7, U8, & U9 Must hold Coach 1 –Intro to Coach –No other qualifications are accepted
Follow the below steps to get yourself all set up in Spordle:
- Complete the Respect In Sport Activity Leader ( You need to do this to get your HCR number) http://omha.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/
- Go to: https://account.spordle.com/login?referrer=%2Fdashboard
- Either login (if you have an old ehockey account you should be able to just login with your old login info) if you do not have an old account you will need to create a new account.
- When Spordle loads you will be brought to the dashboard. The Dashboard shows all linked players as well as where you can register your kids for next season. Your name will be there and have a crown beside it… YOU STILL NEED TO ADD YOURSELF to the account in order to do the coaching courses.
- To link a person to your Spordle account :
- Click Link a member
- Enter in the First Last and Birth date of the person you are looking for
- Click Link this member
- You will need to add YOURSELF to your account. Follow the above steps to add yourself to your Spordle account.
- You will know that you have added yourself correctly if you have your HCR number listed under your name.
- Once you have added yourself you will now be able to register for coaching clinics: https://register.hockeycanada.ca/clinics
- Select the course you want to take and select YOUR name when registering for the course.
Coach Clinics TO BE UPDATED
Coach Clinics 2023 (Peterborough Hockey Association) TO BE UPDATED
Coach Clinics 2021 (Peterborough Hockey Association)
HCR 3.0 - Hockey Canada Registry
Hockey Canada Registry – HCR 3.0
Please Note: As of May 15th, 2021, eHockey has been retired. eHockey functionality will now be located at its new home inside HCR 3.0 as of June 1st, 2021.
If you have been registered in hockey previously as a Player, Coach, Official, or Trainer you can view your profile by creating an account in the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR 3.0).
Click on the following document to set up access.
Setting Up your Hockey Canada Registry Account
How to link a Member in the Hockey Canada Registry
How to View Qualifications
OMHA Covid Vaccine Policy
All Team Officials are required to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by October 31, 2021 or earlier. All Team Officials must present to their Association designate, as applicable, evidence satisfactory to the OMHA demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an Accepted COVID-19 Vaccine.