The following are requirements for a VS record check at the Peterborough Police Service:
- Applicant must reside in the City of Peterborough, Village of Lakefield, or Township of Cavan-Monaghan; if applicant is unsure, please have them contact us at [email protected]. If an applicant applies in the wrong jurisdiction, we are unable to refund any fees paid and the application will be closed.
- Proof of address is required; some examples are noted below:
- Government issued identification with current, valid address listed on it; for example: Ontario driver’s license.
- Rental or lease agreement in applicant’s name.
- Piece of mail such as a bill or package receipt that has been mailed or delivered to applicant with the valid address listed on it; for example: electricity bill, Amazon packaging.
- A volunteer letter is required from the Peterborough Hockey Association and must be dated within 6 months of the application date – this is a mandatory RCMP requirement and no exceptions can be made; applications will be closed and no refunds issued if a valid volunteer letter is not provided within 30-days of the application date.
- Two pieces of valid government issued identification is required at the time of application; one must have a photograph; we do not accept Social Insurance Number cards or bank cards as identification. Some examples of valid identification are listed below:
- Driver’s license
- Health card
- Birth certificate
- Applicant must provide their full legal name, and any previous names used (i.e., maiden name, married names, nicknames). Applications will be delayed or closed if appropriate information is not provided.
- A complete and fulsome 5-year address history must be provided. Applications will be delayed or closed if appropriate information is not provided.
- Criminal convictions must be declared. Applications will be delayed or closed if appropriate information is not provided.
Approximately 5% of your volunteers will require fingerprinting as part of the VS screening process. The applicant will be notified and will be provided detailed instruction on how to complete the fingerprint process; their application will be closed until they are fingerprinted. This additional process will delay the application process so it is important that applicants make the fingerprint appointment promptly when they are notified of the requirement.
We look forward to assisting the Peterborough Hockey Association and wish the players, volunteers, and parents a successful and healthy 2023 season .